Monday, June 1, 2015

DJ's ATV Adventures 2015

Wanted to post some recent updates on some things.
We are still fighting for therapy funds for DJ. We are exploring loans etc. Potential sponsors in the off road business. So far we are hitting dead end after dead end, but we are hopeful and keeping our faith. For those of you just seeing this for the first time, we have been fighting for therapeutic funds for DJ's therapy for 3 years now with no such luck. The state of Ohio says this is not therapy and is recreational , therefore they will not fund this at all. All though they pay 50k a year for horseback riding therapy, go figure.. As a father I will fight to the end to make sure he and others like him have a life.
A big thank you to all that have donated to DJ's therapy. We cannot express how grateful we are.
We were able to take him riding over Memorial day weekend and was much needed therapy for him.
We are hoping to get him riding again soon , school is out for summer and he really depends on the summer therapy.
We are seeking sponsors for him to help him continue the only therapy that works for him, ATV therapy.
I / we will continue to fight for DJ so he has a quality of life. I know there are other families that have special needs children and adults that have a unique type of therapy and are not getting any assistance because it is not the " normal" approved therapy".
I feel many people do not truly understand the magnitude of having a special need child whom requires round the clock care, you cant just go out and get a second job, or work more hours, there is no one to care for your child , it is a true rock and a hard place, but God always provides a way. The power of prayer is amazing. It is hard to get on the internet and pour out your heart for the world to see, pride and a strong work ethic always prevents me from really telling the whole story, mainly because we all have problems in life, we are no different and no more special than any other family out there going through hard times.
I still at times get bitter though, I have worked all my life , never asking for anything and always trying to help others, I was raised a giver, not a taker. I have a daughter with severe medical problems, my wife is in and out of the hospital with life long illnesses as well. Still I try to be as positive as I can and still help others when I can. I work as much as I can and still taking care of DJ and the household duties. I write these things today, not of pity or sadness, but in hopes of better days and in hopes that it will help someone else going through their tough battles.
We had several " let downs" in recent times, but I know God has a plan.
In the meantime we will get DJ his therapy when we can and be grateful for the times he does get it.
I thank everyone that believes in this and for all the prayers, thank you and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment